Master in Project Management
- Multiple Modalities
- 60 ECTS
- May & October 2023
- 10-14 Months
- Spanish or English
Master in Project Management
EAE Barcelona’s Master’s in Project Management will provide you with the most recent syllabus from the Project Management Institute (PMBOK7; recently published by the PMI in 2022) so that you can sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certificate.
It’s an eminently practical master’s degree that uses the latest generation of software in order to simulate areas and processes related to management.
It’s designed to train executives that know how to manage, plan, organise and control complex global projects in an efficient manner. You will develop personal skills that will help you improve your team’s performance as well as your own.
3 years average experience
85% international participants
2 years average experience
89% international participants
5 years average experience
70% nacional participants
6 years average experience
92% international participants
We prepare you with the most up-to-date syllabus from the Project Management Institute (PMI). EAE, as a member of PMI, with the R.E.P. certificate, will prepare you to sit for the WATERFALL certificate examination, the one with the greatest global impact: PMP®. You will also be prepared for the AGILE, ESF® and ESM® certificates by EuropeanScrum.org.
Discover the keys to strategic project management and its importance in organisations. Develop the necessary executive skills to manage teams that will ensure the success of your projects.
Improve your decision making capacities in complex projects, taking into account the technical, economic, quality, environmental and risk exposition aspects that surround them. You’ll be introduced to best practices by professionals and expert executives during the visits to specialised companies you will take during the master’s course.
You will have a deep understanding of the three approaches, WATERFALL, AGILE and HYBRID through the frameworks PMBOK® v7ª, SCRUM and KANBAN (SCRANBAN) and the main frameworks for agile scaling: [email protected], SAFe®5.1, Large-Scale Scrum and NEXUSTM.
In this Master’s programme, we use specialised software for the simulation or modeling of areas and processes that are linked to Project Management.
Strategic Leadership: Transformation & Change - 5 ECTS
- Liquid organizations and change.
- Balanced scorecard.
- Agile Manifesto. Agile principles.
- Customer experience in the digital age.
Project Life Cycle. Value Delivery - 5 ECTS
- Business analysis techniques and tools.
- What is a project and what is project management? Benefits.
- "Life Cycle" and "Delivery" domains in PMBOK7.
- Key project management frameworks: PMBOK, Prince2, Scrum, Kanban.
- Scope management in predictive projects.
Advanced Project Planning: Timing, Cost and Resources - 5 ECTS
- New PMBOK 7 "Planning" domain.
- Planning timeline and cost management.
- Techniques for defining, sequencing and estimating the schedule and cost of activities.
- Programming methods: Critical path vs. Critical chain.
- Practical Microsoft Project workshop.
Managing Uncertainty and Quality in Projects - 5 ECTS
- Uncertainty in Project Management. Updated approach for PMBOK7.
- Risk definition. Benefits and good practices.
- Practical workshop on probabilistic modelling workshop using @RISK (Montecarlo analysis).
- Quality assurance and control tools.
- Lean management and continuous improvement.
Procurement and Contract Management. Knowledge Assets - 5 ECTS
- Project Manager versus Contract Manager.
- Relationships with the "Project Work" domain in PMBOK7.
- Contract types (advantages and disadvantages) and distributing financial risk.
- Make or buy, advantages and disadvantages of the sole buyer/seller relationship.
- Practical cases to apply lessons learned in predictive and agile projects.
Team Performance and Stakeholder Management - 5 ECTS
- Introduction to soft skills required for Project Management.
- Leadership, influencig and team management.
- Communication and project management. The communication plan in the project.
- "Team Performance" domain in PMBOK7.
- Stakeholder Management in predictive and hybrid projects.
Value-driven Projects and PMO Data Analytics - 5 ECTS
- Introduction to PMOs, programs and portfolios.
- Benefits of a PMO.
- Project portfolio management.
- New ""Measurement"" domain in PMBOK7, impact at a project and business level.
- Data dashboards in projects and portfolios. PowerBI practices.
Agile Project Management and Agile Transformation - 5 ECTS
- Scrum working framework in detail.
- Kanban and experimenting with the benefits of the WIP (Work In Progress) limits for improving the project workflow.
- Disciplined Agile working framework.
- Why scale? "Growing" versus 'Scaling'. Striving for the Lean-Agile organization.
- Organizational design: Value streams, transition, skills and roles, practice communities and Agile PMO.
Preparation for Certifications and Project Management Game - 5 ECTS
- Comprehensive prior review of PMBOK (knowledge areas, process groups and executive processes).
- Practical collaborative examination simulation in the classroom using real recent tests, based on the instructor's bank of questions (discussion and reflections).
- Preparation for PSM I certification of scrum.org. Test questions and simulation.
- Practical collaborative simulation with the Project Management Game tool.
It’s not just the research paper you need to do in order to get your master’s degree — it’s the right time and the right place for you to combine your academic experience with your professional ambition, personal vision and your creativity. It’s your chance to put everything you’ve been learning into practice and to work in order to get to where you want to be.
Director of the Master
Marisa Andrea Lostumbo
Senior Architect from the Universidad Nacional de Rosario. Master in Project Management by Ramon Llull University. PMP Certified/ATP by the Project Management Institute (PMI). She is a member of the Research Team of the Internet Computing & Systems Optimization (ICSO) and has more than 15 years of professional experience in the field of project management within the scope public and private, specifically in the sector of architecture and construction.
Expert and personalised advice on the most highly demanded profiles in the marketplace. We guide you professionally based on your profile and goals in order to help you choose the path with the greatest professional impact.
1. Initial Information/Admission Request
Once completed, we’ll assign you one of our expert advisors that will get in touch with you.
2. Interview with the Admissions Department
We’ll evaluate your professional and academic profile and, together, we’ll assess your eligibility for advancing towards a Master’s level based on your professional goals.
3. Formal Presentation of the Admission Form:
You will have to send us the following documentation, which we’ll analyse and verify in order to compose your admissions report:
-Academic and/or Professional Letter of Recommendation
-Last/Ongoing Degree Certificate
-Admission Test (if required)
-Language Certificate (if required)
4. Admissions Committee
Your advisor will be in charge of defending your application in front of the Committee.
5. Process Resolution
We’ll inform you on the result of the process.
6. Booking and Assign You a Spot
You will have 3 to 5 days to make the payment for the inscription.
FULL TIME & PART TIME
The institutional qualification of Continuing Education Master’s Degree in Project Management from EAE Business School and the institutional qualification of Continuing Education Master's Degree in Project Management from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).
The institutional qualification of Global Continuing Education Master’s Degree in Project Management from EAE Business School and the institutional qualification of Continuing Education Master's Degree in Project Management from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).
As a student of EAE, you’ll enjoy a career plan made to suit you. Thanks to our Careers Department and EAE Entrepreneur, you will gain access to personalised support and academic training services that will multiply your professional opportunities, extending them to any country in the world.
· Project Director
· R+D+I Director
· Quality Director
· Process Director
· Risk Director
· Chief Operating Officer (COO)
· Project Leader
· Project Manager
· Risk Manager
· Head of Project and Business Continuity
- Master in Supply Chain Management & Logistics Project Management & Supply Chain
EAE Barcelona’s Master’s in Supply Chain Management & Logistics will enable you to manage the whole supply chain, end-to-end, from suppliers to clients, including all the design, planning, execution and management processes involved.
- Master in Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Marketing, Communication & Sales
The EAE Barcelona Master in Digital Marketing & E-Commerce is an innovative and powerful programme, with a practical and professional orientation
- Máster en UX & Customer Experience Marketing, Communication & Sales
Analiza tus clientes para ofrecerle productos, servicios y experiencias con las que conecten
- MBA MBAs
Our MBA is EAE Barcelona’s flagship programme, designed to accelerate the transformation of professionals and entrepreneurs